Monday, July 15, 2013

Lamp Make Over

I had a set of lamps in the house that desperately needed updating and I wasn't about to spend $30 or more per lamp to buy new.  So at my local hardware store I found these drum shades for $12 a piece.  They just needed a little something so I went to town with some paint and walahhh! my new shades.  :)


1.  Measure to the middle of the shade and made pencil dots all the way around as a guideline for tape.

2. Eyeballing it, I placed my tape about 1/4 inch below the pencil markings.

3.  I place another round of tape about 1/4 inch above the pencil markings

4.  Then the gold metallic paint by Martha Stewart (found at Lowe's) was busted out.

5.  Next I painted with a paint brush all the way around within my tape lines.

6. Remove the tape and let thoroughly dry.

7. Once it was dry I prepared for the smaller lines by taping OVER the line I had just painted.

8.  I placed another round of tape above and below the middle guideline (once again, eyeballing it).

9. Paint

10. Remove tape and wahlahhh!

PS  I had previously painted the base as well, it's now the metallic gold, the same paint used on the shade.  



Linking up to these lovelies....















1 comment: