Friday, May 21, 2010

More Painted Countertop Pics...

A few days ago I posted about painting countertops, here are a few more pictures of the 'after'.






After having completed my second kitchen full of countertops I'm officially hanging my hat up with Envirotex. At least for the large projects. It was an extremely difficult product to work with. Don't get me wrong, the result is still beautiful and durable but I don't know if it's possible to get out all of the air bubbles and to get an even pour. For some reason the two inch circumference around the sink was lumpy and in some places the Envirotex didn't even take to. It could very well have been the humidity in that area but still, that's a lot of hard work to not have it turn out.

Also, if you're contemplating painting your countertops let me just tell you....it will (no matter how well you tape off your kitchen) find a way to your floor, your faucet, your stove and your fingers. And it doesn't just wipe up, it smears and turns into a sticky, hair and dust catching mess. Envirotex is better left to the professionals....in a warehouse.

SIDE NOTE:

Funny, I just saw this post on Blue Cricket Design on how to make candy necklaces by Texas Monkey...using Envirotex. This is a great idea and a wonderful way to get the most out of Envirotex. I'd highly recommend sticking with the smaller projects when using this medium.




No comments:

Post a Comment