Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lilith Fair 2010 - Detroit







It's been 15 years since I first heard the angelic voice of Sarah Mclachlan. She is an inspiration and her music has entwined itself into my life. She exudes sensuality, femininity and confidence...all of which I wish I had a bit more of. Best of all she's discovered her true self and what she's good at, not many people can say that. I know I'm still striving to find myself and the only thing I know for sure is that her music belongs in my life.

When my husband told me he had bought us tickets to the Lilith Fair for our anniversary I immediately began counting down the days, for those of you who aren't Sarah fans or at least aren't familiar with her music and such, she's been on a seven year hiatis so I was more then ready for a date night with
my husband Sarah.

Her new cd, Laws of Illusion is just as I would have expected, wonderful. The mix of background music makes you want to jiggle in your seat and her vocals amazing as usual. So when it came time to go to the Lilith Fair I never would have expected to catch Sarah playing keyboard and singing backup for Melissa McClelland so thank goodness my husband elbowed me and said "hey, doesn't that look like...." and sure enough there she was right in front of me the whole time on one of the side stages jamming with another act. Nobody realized it, that's how I weaseled my way right up to the front and got these beautiful pics.

Isn't she just lovely?


Some of the other artists there were Vita Chambers, Melissa McClelland, Chantal Kreviazuk, Miranda Lambert, Suzanne Vega and more. Such a wonderful time.








A dedicated fan,

No comments:

Post a Comment