1. Measure to the middle of the shade and made pencil dots all the way around as a guideline for tape.
2. Eyeballing it, I placed my tape about 1/4 inch below the pencil markings.
3. I place another round of tape about 1/4 inch above the pencil markings
4. Then the gold metallic paint by Martha Stewart (found at Lowe's) was busted out.
5. Next I painted with a paint brush all the way around within my tape lines.
6. Remove the tape and let thoroughly dry.
7. Once it was dry I prepared for the smaller lines by taping OVER the line I had just painted.
8. I placed another round of tape above and below the middle guideline (once again, eyeballing it).
10. Remove tape and wahlahhh!
PS I had previously painted the base as well, it's now the metallic gold, the same paint used on the shade.
Linking up to these lovelies....