Thursday, June 3, 2010

Crafting with the kids. Sigh.



I don't have very successful crafting sessions with the kids. I truly throw caution to the wind, I'm game for having my kitchen trashed and don't mind quick baths after the fact BUT when I go through all of THAT and still don't have the craft turn out I get pretty bummed.

For example, I had the girls pick out a picture on the internet that I printed up to make necklaces with. The cut the picture out, mod podged it to the glass rectangle I had for each of them and then I sealed it with diamond hard and glued on the bail but within 24 hours of them wearing it the next day they fell apart!

So then I saw this idea for making cuff bracelets out of paper towel or toilet paper rolls. Great idea but:

1. The cuff stretched out while painting it and now it won't stay on the girls wrists
2. Beads would not stick so we invited the glitter fairy over
3. she left surprises all over the house and she's still hiding here....somewhere.








So if I were to do this project again I would probably skip the painting and use stickers only. Humph.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your crafting time with your kids reminds me I could do a mini craft time when the kids are at home still while I'm on bedrest.

    Trying to think up things to do when they are at home that don't require me to get up.

    LOVE, LOVE your announcement designs!

    ReplyDelete