Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm back!

Wow, have I been slacking.  I'm about to share something that is often shunned upon by society.  Something a bit more personal than most people like.

I've been unable to post for the last few years because I was diagnosed with Bipolar II and was put on medication.  Since going on medication, I have lost a great deal of creativity in exchange for a more stable personality.  Out of severe frustration with my Drs. (who weren't communicating well between each other, leaving me neglected, along with struggling for 3 years as a guinea pig trying to find the right medication) I quit the meds they did have me on.

This is a very controversial subject and I DO NOT recommend anyone struggling with a mental illness to take matters in their own hands.  In my case however, my family and I agreed to take a break and if need be, start fresh with a new doctor when the time comes.

I ask that if anyone feels the need to leave a comment on this post, please do so in a kind manner.  Please do not be judgmental.  For just ONE negative comment can easily trigger a depression.

On a lighter note, there's a LOT of good stuff to come.  We're getting all new flooring, I picked up a beautiful 4 piece bedroom set that I'm refinishing for my daughters room and a boat load of painting.

I'll leave it at that for now.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment